This podcast is 28:51.
This week’s guest: Chris Kay Fraser, writer and writing teacher
Chris Kay Fraser loves words. She has taught creative writing, video and photography workshops to seniors, at-risk youths, young children, yoga teachers, university students, and dozens of groups in her cozy home studio. She holds a Master’s degree in Adult Education and Community Development, where she explored the connection between art, personal change and community development. Chris currently teaches short fiction, memoir-writing and poetry from her home in Toronto while running creative retreats around the country. In her spare time, she drinks tea, reads poems, gardens, and rides her loyal blue bike.
A Special Just for You!! Chris is offering $25 of the upcoming Satellite Life Writing Class ~ Memory Threads, Satellite: A workshop for life-writers and couch-sitters
Back by popular demand! This is a mail-and-email-based class, inviting participants to write themselves into the rich world of their own personal stories. Every second week, a group of writers spread across the globe will receive an “inspiration Pack” in their mail box – a colorful envelope packed with creative stimulation, a theme to write about, ideas about how to get started, some beautiful examples of memoir on that theme, and a writing tip. Participants will email in their assignments, which will be read and commented on in a supportive way by myself or another mentor, as well as one other participant.
May 10 – Aug 23
7 packs over 16 weeks
$295 plus mail/materials fee ($20 in Canada, $30 in US, $40 internationally)
- In this week’s intro, I mentioned the importance of checking in with your inner compass and how Soul Reflections can help.
- Chris talked about The Life Cycle of Creative Projects. She was kind enough to share her pdf about the cycle. You can download it here.
- I mentioned that Chris and I are friends. She’s one of my Art Picnic buddies! Lucky me!
- Chris mentioned Andre Alexis‘ article “Are You a Writer and Other Unanswerable Questions.”
- She also mentions Letters to a Young Poet by Rilke.
- This week’s viewer question came from Karen Deldino of Journey to Spirit through Art & Creativity
- Chris also mentions Stephen King’s On Writing
If you liked this, you’ll probably like…
- Your Creative Spark: An inspiration e-power pack with 3 hours of creative interviews, their transcripts and great bonuses to boot!
Subscribe to Creative Living with Jamie…
- You can subscribe to Creative Living with Jamie here and also on iTunes here (Note: this link will ask to access your iTunes and then take you to the podcast. You can also simply open iTunes and search for “Creative Living with Jamie)