Full Moon Dreamboards ~ FAQ
“What is a dreamboard?”
- A dreamboard is a collection of words and images of what you want to invite into your life; it can be done in any way with any thing. It can be simple or complicated. It’s up to you.
“How do you make a dreamboard?”
- However you like, this project is totally yours. There’s no way to get it wrong! How great is that. Here are some methods you can use:
- Create your dreamboard on bristol board (poster board) with magazine images like I did above.
- You can use Polyvore like Lori-Lyn did here.
- You can use your own photos, like Suzie did here.
- You can create your dreamboard on canvas like Stephanie Alaine did here.
- You can use Mosaic Maker and Flickr photos like Angie D did here.
- You can create a Full Moon Dreamboard page in your journal like Manitou Wolf did here.
- You can paint it like Leah did here.
- You can pin images on your bulletin board and change them as you go.
“Are dreamboards and vision boards the same thing?”
- In many ways, yes. The main difference is that dreamboards are directly tied to the cycles of the moon. This connection to the rhythms of nature helps us tap in to the rhythm of ourselves.
“Why make a dreamboard?”
- Putting our intentions into tangible form helps both us and the Universe get really clear on what it is that we want. The Universe responds to what we put energy into. Let’s put our energy into our dreams!
“Why on the full moon?”
- There is power and energy in the full moon. It represents the full strength of what is possible in the nighttime land of dreams. When you make your board on the full moon, take a moment to focus your attention, to say to yourself and the Universe, “This is what I wish to manifest this month.
Why not the new moon?
- The new moon is also a very good time to make a dreamboard. It’s a time of beginnings, of planting seeds, and we will be incorporating that energy into our dreamboards. I will be posting a reminder on each new moon that it’s time to start gathering materials for your dreamboard, looking for inspiration, noticing what you’re yearning for. Then we will launch our boards to the full moon’s powerful energy.
“Who can participate?”
- Anyone. If you want to share your dreamboard online, please feel free to do so. Stop by on the full moon and add a link to your board. And if you’re in the Toronto area, consider coming out to my monthly dreamboard circle. It would be lovely to create together.
“Do these things actually work?
- Dreamboards are guaranteed to tune you into your own tastes, preferences and desires. As you get clear and focus on what you want to invite into your life, it is truly amazing how these things begine to show up. One month I had chosen an image of a hawk to represent the kind of focus that I wanted to bring to my work. Imagine my surprise when days later I looked out the window of my very “city” home to see a hawk in my neighbour’s tree. I’ve never seen one before or since. Amazing things can happen.
“How did you start this dreamboard work?”
- Full Moon Dreamboards began as the vision of my sister Suzie. When her life took a different direction, she passed the torch on to me and I am truly honoured. I’ve been making collages for insight and inspiration for as long as I can remember. It’s a joy to share the experience with you.